June 20, 2009

Wimbledon on BBC HD

Wimbledon coverage on BBC HD this year will be from the start of play each day (normally around 1pm I think) right through to 9pm-ish. For those who haven't seen it before, it's well worth watching in high def - one of the year's TV highlights in my book.
Also, next weekend Glastonbury coverage picks up when the day's tennis finishes and runs through to around 2am. Headliners this year are Neil Young (Friday), Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (Saturday) and Blur (Sunday). Cannae wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a massive tennis fan but I do like to watch the big Wimbledon matches and this will be my first year with HD. I bought a 100hz TV in December and what happens? They bring out 200hz models, then 400, and I think I've seen ads for 600hz now. Guess what they use as an example of what really benefits from the higher specs -- blinking tennis! Can it really make that much of a difference?

mattbuk said...

I was in the Sony shop yesterday and saw the 200hz against a 100hz. There is a massive difference on quality on moving objects! Made me wish I waited longer!