December 29, 2007

Missing from BBC HD

Trawling through my double issue of the Radio Times, I've noticed that the majority of prestige BBC dramas are still not appearing on BBC HD, which I find somewhat disappointing to say the least.
Over the Christmas period the following have all been missing from HD whilst we've been treated to repeats aplently on BBC HD;
  • Doctor Who
  • Oliver Twist
  • Sense & Sensibility
  • Ballet Shoes
  • The Shadow of the North
I know the Doctor's special effects preclude its HD filming, but you would have thought the others would have been shot in high definition? I find one of the big benefits of HD is the handling of dark n moody backgrounds, the meat and two veg of winter drama, but these shows are all still being shot on film but broadcast in SD. Most odd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find or missed sin city on BBC HD.It was stated on bbc website that it would be shown.DId I miss it?

Nialli said...

It's not on BBC HD that I've seen. BBC2, 10pm on Sunday, Jan 6

Anonymous said...

Please see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7121805.stm

or
http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2007/11/bbc_hd_official.html

but still shows nothing.Hmmm I was looking forward to watching it.

cheers

Darren